5 Signs You Need Heat Pump Repair
We’re dedicated to providing you with the best customer service. So, we’d like to offer a few tips with you about the benefits of heat pump repair service.
You’ll have a better idea of how to uncover the signs of common problems with your heat pump. We’ll also fill you in on the most frequent sources of these concerns and what you could do to keep them from happening again.
Your heat pump is one of the most useful parts of any HVAC system. It works tirelessly throughout the entire year, taking care of both heating and cooling for your home. Because your heat pump works all year round, it’s at an increased risk of wear and tear. Think your heat pump isn’t functioning properly? These signs can help determine if you need our professional help.
- Weak or sporadic heating and cooling. Most models of heat pumps rely on forced air to heat and cool your home. If you can’t get comfortable even when your heat pump has been running for a while, there’s a strong chance you’ll need heat pump service.
- Your heat pump is noisy. Your heat pump will produce noise even when it’s in ideal condition. But if that noise is particularly loud or unusual, it can mean that something is wrong with your equipment.
- Frequent starting and stopping. A well-maintained heat pump shouldn’t be turning off and on too frequently. This problem is also known as short-cycling and can lead to increased wear and tear over time.
- Heat pump is covered in ice. This is common when it’s cold, and the ice generally disappears when the heat pump uses defrost mode to keep ice from building up too much. If you see thick ice that isn’t going away, your system may need a refrigerant charge or the defrost parts replaced.
- Utility bill is consistently going up. A heat pump offers energy-efficient heating and cooling. If you haven’t adjusted your thermostat but energy bills are starting to climb, don’t hesitate to call for heat pump service.
4 Root Causes of Heat Pump Repair
Once you’ve learned that there’s a problem, the next step is to narrow down possible causes. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons why your heat pump is not working properly. At Duron Smith AC & Heat, our pros specialize in finding the culprit of the problem quickly to save you time and money.
Here are a few potential reasons why your heat pump isn’t working properly.
- There’s a problem with the thermostat. Your thermostat is a vital piece of any HVAC system, directing your heat pump to adjust your home to the chosen temperature. If it’s not working correctly, your heat pump won’t either. Don’t forget to double check that the thermostat settings are correct before you assume there’s a problem.
- An important component has broken or failed. There are a few moving parts in your heat pump. If one of them breaks down or malfunctions, your heat pump will often struggle to run normally or even at all. Routine heat pump maintenance can help prevent this.
- Lack of routine maintenance. To keep your heat pump in the best possible condition, you should have maintenance performed twice a year. During this service, we’ll inspect, lubricate and clean crucial components. A smoothly running heat pump could result in lower energy bills and may even boost your heat pump’s total life span. We offer a Complete Comfort Club that ensures you’re on top of routine maintenance. You’ll receive yearly tune-ups for your heating and cooling, plus priority service, exclusive repair discounts and more.
- Your air filter is clogged. Like any other HVAC system, your heat pump relies on an air filter to prevent dust and other pollutants from entering your home’s air. If you don’t change the filter frequently, it can become clogged. Your heat pump will have to work much harder to provide the same amount of heating or cooling, which can increase your energy bill.
- Your heat pump is getting old. Heat pumps can last up to 20 years with proper maintenance. But the older they get, the more prone they are to needing repairs. If yours is getting old, it may time to consider getting a new one.
Schedule Your Heat Pump Repair Today with Duron Smith AC & Heat
Duron Smith AC & Heat stands apart from other HVAC companies because we start our process with a free estimate and back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.* You can count on us to provide fast, friendly service when hands-on expertise is required.
Give us a call at 321-452-3553 or contact us online to schedule an appointment now.
*Duron Smith AC & Heat guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Duron Smith AC & Heat. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Duron Smith AC & Heat technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Duron Smith AC & Heat of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.