Benefits of Heat Pump Replacement
Your heat pump is one of the most important components in your home comfort system. Unlike a furnace or air conditioner that only runs during one season, a heat pump can heat and cool your home.
Since your heat pump works all year, it’s more exposed to wear and tear. If you don’t regularly schedule heat pump maintenance, you could find yourself with an expensive breakdown on your hands, especially if your heat pump is older.
That doesn’t mean you should avoid replacement. In fact, replacing your heat pump for a more energy-efficient system will often improve your home’s sense of comfort as well as your monthly utility bill. And keeping up with proper maintenance from the beginning can help you save money and time over its lifetime.
Ask your friendly technician for more information about our Complete Comfort Club, which comes with annual tune-ups to keep your heat pump in great shape. As a valued member, you’ll also receive priority service and special discounts on repairs.
Should I Repair or Replace My Heat Pump?
Even if you’re uncertain with how your HVAC system works, there are several clear signs that your heat pump is no longer worth the effort to repair. Learning how to identify these signs will lower the risk of a total breakdown. It will also give you a chance to easily make the transition from an old heat pump to a new one.
- How old is your heat pump? Most residential systems last around 15 years when properly maintained. Newer heat pumps are less likely to need replacement or repairs. If yours is past the 15-year mark, however, it could be less expensive overall to replace it with a new one.
- How often does it need repairs? A heat pump that’s regularly maintained won’t need constant service calls. If you notice that you’re having to make increasingly frequent appointments with our technicians, investing in a new model is a smart move. We have the tools and experience to provide flawless installation backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. *
- How expensive are repairs? Even infrequent repairs can be a good sign that you should consider replacement instead, especially if these repairs are more than half the cost of a new system. Problems that can be fixed quickly and inexpensively tend to favor repairs over replacement. But if those costs start skyrocketing and problems become more complicated, replacement is the better long-term choice. Many of the Lennox models we offer are ENERGY STAR® rated, which means they’re highly efficient at reducing your monthly utility bills.
What Should I Look for in a New Heat Pump?
Here are a few tips for making a responsible, well-informed decision to maximize the benefits of your new heat pump.
- Find an energy-efficient model. While older systems can’t compete with the advances in energy-efficient technology, you’ll still want to identify the most efficient air source heat pump among new models as well. Pay attention to the seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) and heating season performance factor (HSPF) ratings on models. The higher the number, the more efficient your system is at turning energy into comfort. You’ll also want to consider an efficient air handler, which works with your heat pump to circulate treated air throughout your home.
- Choose models that offer the features you want most. Selecting a replacement should include learning about the features or controls that are important to you, like eco-friendly programming or the ability to integrate a smart thermostat into your HVAC system. But an endless list of extra features shouldn’t be a deciding factor if you won’t use the bulk of them.
- Choose a reputable company like Duron Smith AC & Heat to replace your heat pump. We’ll work with you to identify the right heat pump for your needs and explore financing options. And no matter what, we back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
Don’t wait any longer to learn why we’re the leading name in home comfort. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff are ready to answer any questions you may have, or to help you schedule an appointment or consultation. Call us at 321-452-3553 or contact us online to get started today.
*Duron Smith AC & Heat guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Duron Smith AC & Heat. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Duron Smith AC & Heat technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Duron Smith AC & Heat of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.