What’s a Ductless Mini-Split System?
Ductless mini-split air conditioners, also referred to as a split system, multi-split system or split-ductless system, are different from regular cooling systems in numorous ways. Not like central air, multi-split systems can be installed about your home to provide room-by-room air conditioning, giving you total control and flexibility over the temperature of every single room.
Because they don’t need ductwork, a mini-split AC can cool or heat an area’s air with up to 25% less energy, making them ideal for many households, specifically rooms with temperature-sensitive possessions or equipment, garage conversions, older homes and young homes where the highest energy efficiency and space is needed. With a silent, tight design intended to enhance energy efficiency, they’re also just as effective and simple to use as standard air conditioning systems.
Other models are also a mini-split heat pump. Meaning they can offer heat and air conditioning like regular heat pumps, keeping you comfortable all year round.
At Duron Smith AC & Heat, we’re proud to be a partner of Lennox®, the most prestigious name in home comfort. Lennox builds some of the most silent and most energy-efficient home comfort products on the market.
Are Mini-Splits Superior to Standard Air Conditioning Systems?
You may perhaps be asking why a ductless mini-split system would be more useful than a standard air conditioning system. Mini-split systems are just an additional option of central air conditioning system, but offer many of their own different advantages:
- Mini-splits provide zoned comfort. Mini-splits create a zoned system, letting you set alternate temperatures from room to room. This makes them more efficient for cooling rooms being occupied more often, rather than using central air to cool your total household.
- Mini-splits can alleviate an existing HVAC system. Mini-split air conditioners are a great possibility if you’re only wanting to supplement your HVAC system as opposed to replacing it entirely. This is a smart choice when hot and cold spots are a problem in dated or two-story homes, when converting garage or attic space to a living area, and when constructing an addition. A mini-split system can usually be fitted into your house with very little obstacles.
- Mini-splits are perfect for rooms with no ductwork, like additions or garages. A mini-split air conditioning system is perfect for any additions or renovations to your home that don’t have ductwork. You can ordinarily utilize them in garages, sunrooms, attics, sheds and more.
- Mini-splits are effortless to install. Because they’re not connected to a central system, air conditioning installation is typically painless with mini-split air systems. Together with the assistance of one of our certified HVAC experts, you can often have a mini-split air conditioner installed in less than a day. There’s not as much disruption because we only need to drill a hole through the wall to join your ductless mini-split AC unit with the outdoor unit. This makes them more cohesive and stable than window or portable AC models.
- Mini-split ACs are simple to operate. If you’re concered that a ductless mini-split system will be more complicated to use than a traditional air conditioning system, we’re happy to put those fears out. Even if you have multiple units around your home, there are a wide variety of settings that make finding the best temperature effortless, including programmable temperature, motion and mobile controls.
- Mini-splits are incredibly quiet. Although the equipment is in the same space as you, ductless mini-split systems are often more inaudible than air ducting from a central AC system. This is because a traditional air conditioner necessitating much greater amounts of energy to circulate the air through the entire residence, with excess wind or mechanical noise being an undesirable side effect. Mini-split systems are intended to be understated and can operate as soundless as a whisper. If you have difficulty sleeping or have exceptionally close neighbors, a ductless air conditioner is a fantastic choice.
- Mini-split systems deliver improved air filtration. These systems are able to filter airborne pollutants just as well as a standard air conditioner. Mini-split AC systems are able to also come accompanied with an electrically charged air filter to capture dust, dander and more.
- Mini-splits are exceptionally energy efficient. A mini-split air conditioner is just as capable of being energy efficient as a traditional system. In several situations, it may even be more efficient. This is notably accurate since they don’t contain ductwork that can leak air. If you only need cooler temperatures in certain parts of your home, a mini-split system can guarantee you’re only using the power you need where you need it. A traditional central air conditioning system may use up to 25% more power to accomplish the identical level of comfort. Additionally, the majority of mini-splits are ENERGY STAR® certified for their exceptional energy efficiency.
- Mini-splits can outlast a central air conditioner. Central air conditioners stereotypically may last up to 15 years. With proper maintenance, a mini-split air conditioner can live up to 20 years or more. With the right air conditioning maintenance, you can get any air conditioner to endure for years and years. A ductless system is no less successful, and we’re more than happy to supply you with the very top upkeep and any required air conditioning repair.
Our Specialists Can Assist with All Your Ductless Mini-Split Needs
Our friendly pros are more than glad to answer as many inquiries about the benefits of a ductless mini-split air conditioning system for your household. Ready to schedule a free, no-obligation estimate? Call us at 321-452-3553 or contact us online today!
*Duron Smith AC & Heat guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Duron Smith AC & Heat. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Duron Smith AC & Heat technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Duron Smith AC & Heat of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.